Get Help Right Away
Emergency Dentistry in Festus
Dental emergencies can be stressful and difficult to deal with, which is why we offer emergency care for all of our patients at Williamson Dental.
- Get Relief From Pain & Discomfort- If you’re experiencing serious oral pain or discomfort that you can’t treat on your own, this is a dental emergency. At Williamson Dental, our team offers same-day emergency care. Get in touch now for a same-day emergency appointment.
- Repair Damaged Teeth- Whether your tooth has been damaged by a cavity or an oral injury, we can use treatments like fillings, crowns, and root canal therapy to repair, restore, and save your tooth.
- Replace Dental Work- If your crown or filling has been pulled out, we can repair or replace your dental work and make sure your mouth stays healthy. This helps you avoid further complications.
- Stay Comfortable During Treatment- The pain of an oral injury or toothache can be debilitating. With sedation and emergency dental care from Williamson Dental, you can eliminate the source of your pain and get relief from the discomfort of your dental emergency.
Same-Day Appointments at Williamson Dental
We offer same-day emergency dentistry appointments at Williamson Dental. If possible, we ask that you call our Festus office at (636) 937-3870 or (618) 281-7300 for our Columbia office to let us know that you’re coming in for emergency care. This gives us time to prepare for your visit. However, we also accept walk-in emergency appointments at our offices located at 606 S Truman Blvd, Festus, MO 63028 and at 130 S. Rapp Avenue, Columbia, IL 62236, so feel free to come in at any time. We’ll treat you as soon as we possibly can!
Know When to Come in
What Qualifies As a Dental Emergency?
If you’re experiencing a dental problem that is causing you oral pain, bleeding or discomfort, your issue qualifies as a dental emergency and it is important to get as soon as possible.
A wide variety of problems count as dental emergencies. Oral injuries such as cracked, chipped, broken, loose, or knocked-out teeth all require emergency treatment, but so do issues like toothaches and missing dental work (fillings and crowns). If you think that your oral issue counts as an emergency, don’t take any chances. Come to Williamson Dental for an appointment right away.
Staying Calm in an Emergency
What Should I Do If My Tooth Is Knocked Out?
- The most important thing to do is to recover your tooth and come to our office as soon as you can.
- To save your tooth, it needs to be replaced within 1-2 hours. Grab the tooth by the crown (top) and avoid touching the root (bottom). You can rinse it off with warm water, then put it back into your socket. If this is not possible, you can put it in a small bag of milk to keep it moist.
- Most importantly, call Williamson Dental and come in for an appointment as soon as you possibly can. If your tooth is not splinted within 1-2 hours, it will most likely need to be replaced with a prosthetic restoration.